Menu

Richmond Generating Station

The station was designed by famed architect John T. Windrim and built in 1925 to meet a need for an increase in Philadelphia Electric’s generating capability. Designed for three, only one of the generating components was constructed, Turbine Hall. Richmond Power Station is one of three early power plants built by the Philadelphia Electric Power Company in the early 20th century. It once housed the world’s largest Westinghouse turbo-generator, and its Neoclassical architecture was meant to symbolize that the city had entered an age of electricity. The plant is currently closed.

More Information

© Copyright 2020. All rights reserved. Sitemap. Responsive website designed by Skidmutro Creative Partners.