Menu

Frankford Arsenal

The Frankford Arsenal is the site of an United States Army ammunition plant in Northeast Philadelphia. Started in 1816, it was the center of U.S. military small-arms ammunition design and development until its closure in 1977. Of the many products manufactured at the arsenal, fire-control and range-finding instruments are the most notable. The Arsenal reached employment numbers of 22,000 and virtually functioned as a city within a city.

More Information

© Copyright 2020. All rights reserved. Sitemap. Responsive website designed by Skidmutro Creative Partners.